Imagine working with one of Britain’s best-loved and most trusted news brands in one of the country’s busiest and most vibrant newsrooms? The Liverpool Echo already has a large, loyal and engaged readership and now we’re looking for two committed and creative Reporters to step in and provide maternity cover.
The perfect candidates will be passionate Journalists who love nothing more than telling stories. We want Reporters as comfortable carrying out a complex investigation or reporting live on-camera from breaking news scenes as they are sourcing real life stories and writing identity content that resonates with our local audience.
We are looking for people with a desire to experiment with new and innovative techniques and the ability to inform and inspire our readers and make a real difference to their lives.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds and candidates who understand the issues that are important to our region’s very many different communities so we can continue to really diversify our content.
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
The Ideal Candidate
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent (or relevant work experience)
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience
- Knowledge of SEO or a willingness to learn
- A full driving licence
So, who are we?
Liverpool Echo is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – In this role, you’ll be fully remote-working (UK based) giving you more flexibility to balance home and life. We’ll support you with your home set-up
- Enhanced family leave– including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency