KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Residential Childcare / CYPW Assessor
Location: London – Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £33,600 – £38,600
Package: Excellent Benefits Package, Pension, Bonus, Expenses + much more
Type: Full Time, Permanent
INFO: The Residential Childcare Level 3 Diploma replaced the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Social Care Pathway) in 2015 as the required qualification for those working in children’s homes.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must either have experience of Assessing CYPW specifically within children’s homes, or the Residential Childcare Diploma – along with occupational competency of working hands on within a residential childcare setting / Children’s Home
- Recognised Assessor award: D32/D33, A1, TAQA or CAVA.
- Experience of delivering Apprenticeships in Residential Childcare (or the old CYPW – Social Care Pathway level 3).
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills (Maths / English) up to level 2.
- Hold solid occupational competency within a Residential Childcare environment (ideally up to Management level but not essential)
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Must be flexible with travel.
- Assess and support learners working towards Apprenticeships in Residential Childcare at level 3.
- Deliver full training and support learners through their Functional Skills – Maths and English to level 2.
- Visiting/observing learners in their place of work to gather evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners’ progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
- Assessors are expected to work closely with the sales/business development team to secure and pass on new learner leads / secure new starts in order to maintain caseload.
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency