This role is based at our Coventry head office and primarily focussed on the resource planning and rostering of our security officers across our client sites. We provide manned guarding and mobile patrols 24/7 to our clients and so having cover, arranged and support is critical at all times.
Initially Mon – Fri 2pm – 10pm and over time as we move to a continental pattern you will be 1 of a team of 4 working 4 days on and 4 days off on flexible shifts of 2pm – 10pm, 10pm – 6am and 6am – 2pm.
This will mean that once a month you will have a 4 day weekend off.
Starting salary is pro rata 25k rising to 30k after 6-month probation based on an hourly rate.
You will own the roster and reporting, including holiday requests, sickness cover planning, time and attendance, payroll adjustments and work closely with your internal team and the wider operations teams and clients. You will need strong communication skills and be confident around excel, preparing reports and general administration. We will put you through any necessary security industry training.
Person specification for a Resource Planner:
* Labour utilisation expertise in the allocated service discipline area.
* Excellent people management
* Experience of working in a client service driven environment
* Experience of working closely alongside an Operational Management team
* Ability to think strategically and contribute to the businesses forward ambitions
* Results orientated
* Pragmatic problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
* Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
* Skilled influencer
* Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships
* Good organisational and time management skills
* IT skills, specifically Word, Excel and industry specific scheduling software
* Ability to work collaboratively
* SIA Non-frontline licence.
* Must be a team player and collaborative, in order to win ‘hearts & minds’ of peers and clients alike
* Must have a passion for the sector and services we provide
* Aims to achieve exceptional client service at all times
* Always does the right thing for the business, colleagues, clients and operatives
* Shows initiative, resourcefulness and professionalism
* Communicates in an open and honest manner
* Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance
* Always takes responsibility and accountability
* Leads by example
* Attention to detail and willingness to question / probe
* Must understand the culture of the business.
Key Responsibilities for a Resouce Planner:
Ensure that electronic handover reports are examined daily and TimeGate adjusted to reflect out-of-hours rostering changesDaily production and dissemination of the Resourcing KPI
Ensuring all contract locations have their rostered rolled forward each month on TimeGate
Ensure that all Annual Leave requests have been appropriately authorised by the Operations Managers and that details of leave are entered on to TimeGate correctly.
Holistic examination of leave requests to ensure that contractual obligations can be achieved and advise Operations Managers of leave requests that cannot be covered.
Produce an unallocated rostering report in TimeGate at regular intervals to ensure that all contracts are adequately resourced and that gaps in rosters do not existProduction of monthly regional and site rosters for Security personnel and customers along with revised rosters following changes in personnel or requirements.
Daily adjustments and arrangements for replacement cover following sickness notifications.
Arranging and scheduling additional security cover following client request.Providing officers with information pertaining to annual entitlement and/or remaining leave balances.
Request payroll adjustments from Operations Manager prior to closing down each monthly rostering period and amend TimeGate as directed.
Ensure that an Exit Interview form for all leavers has been completed so that payroll records are accurately maintain and leavers final salary payments are correctly processed.
Analyse TimeGate to ensure all shifts have been rate generated to avoid unnecessary wage errors. Communicate with customers in advance of bank and public holidays and establish variation sin requirements, adjusting TimeGate accordingly.
Production of monthly payroll reports, which include,
Wage Queries, Exit Interview Forms, Promissory Deduction reports. Production of monthly details payroll report and forward to the payroll team at month end.
Investigate wage errors and remedy under and over payments ensuring that TimeGate is adjusted accordingly and that reports are forwarded to payroll in a timely manner. Open post on a daily basis and distribute to security team members accordingly.
Maintain the Bradford Factor scoring tool to ensure that all periods of sickness from TimeGate have been entered
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency