Retail Assistant Manager – Customer Service & Store Operations
£27 – 32,000 + Bonus & Benefits
A business with a long and rich heritage this retailer of all things garden and home related has invested heavily in store refurbishment, acquisition and expansion and is one of the best-known businesses in its sector. As part of the ongoing growth and development of the business they are now looking to recruit a Store Operations Manager for this well established and high-profile site
Reporting to the General Manager and is responsible for the following:
- All front of store customer service operations
- Managing all back of house functions ensuring deliveries are managed in a timely manner and that stock package and availability KPI’s are adhered to
- Administrative management for store operations, ensuring that paperwork is accurately and timely processed
- Cash handling, banking and the production of financial reports including payroll
- Order control and processing
- Site Health and Safety
- Leading, managing and developing a small team of direct reports whilst influencing the other site team
- Duty management for the whole site in the GM’s absence
The role will appeal to a retail manager with a strong operational focus. It’s a great position if you are well organised, diligent and can see and understand that a well-run operational business unit is the cornerstone of a well run and successful retail store. Ideally applicants will have:
- Management experience within some kind of retail business, possibly from DIY or Department stores, Garden Centres or large multi-product retailers.
- A good working knowledge of customer service & back of house functions.
Applicants can be people who want to develop their career with a bigger business, one with a high degree of security and a good reputation training and ongoing development. Ultimately this role will appeal to individuals who want to broaden their knowledge of store operations and use their experience in a more specialist role.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency