Retail Stock Manager
We are looking for a full time, well organised, self-motivated, and dynamic leader to manage the inventory for the retail store. You will be responsible for knowing everything about the stock holding; ensuring you have efficient systems processes in place to manage swift and accurate stock processing and handling. The aim of this role is to maximise sales opportunity both on the shop floor and online.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, working under your own initiative and will be tenacious in your approach to your work. You will be able to positively manage the day-to-day running of the office and motivate people to achieve the departments goals. You will have excellent IT skills and use these to manage stock and report on stock holdings and movement on a regular basis. You will also be a team player, willing to support the Cavells team on the shop floor as and when required.
Your Key Objectives:
* Manage swift and accurate stock processing to maximise sales opportunity both on the shop floor and online.
* Ensure that stock is fully prepared for sale and made available to the shop floor (and/or web) as soon as possible after delivery.
* Support the buying team with buying administration.
* Returns – Manage Supplier and Customer Returns, ensuring the appropriate Returns procedure is followed.
Stock Control & Reporting:
* Carry out periodic stock checks of existing stock and manage a full annual stock check.
* Manage the stock room areas in terms of housekeeping to ensure it is kept clean and tidy, is well organised with easy access to products.
* Work with the IT team to provide adequate analysis of all store operations.
* Report on stock holdings and movements on a regular basis.
* Liaise with the Finance Dept of stock variances and understand causes.
* To evaluate and manage the effectiveness and performance of the back-office staffing.
* Willing to support the shop floor team as and when required during; such as peak selling period including at Christmas.
Desirable and Essential Skills and Experience to demonstrate:
* Experience in a goods-in or a stock management setting is preferred but not essential.
* You must have a great eye for detail and be accurate and numerate to manage swift and accurate stock processing, using your IT skills for this and to prepare reporting as required.
* You are tenacious in your approach and naturally see tasks through to the end, ensuring you complete tasks required in a timely manner.
* Be able to identify and solve problems using you own initiative.
* Be able to positively manage people and teams of people.
* Demonstrate some experience of supervising staff.
* You must be a confident IT user and previous experience of using spreadsheets in a work context is essential.
* Customer Service skills will be necessary to support the team on the shop floor.
Salary Range: £20,000 to £29,000 pa commensurate with skills, experience and or qualifications.
Contract: This is a permanent full-time role based on site in Oakham, Rutland LE15 6EA. Working 38.75 hours a week, 5 days between Monday to Friday with weekend working on an occasional basis. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Benefits: 28 days holiday rising to a maximum of 33 days with service. Generous brand discounts.
Application: More detailed Job Description is available on our website. Applications by CV and covering letter explaining how you can demonstrate the essential criteria for the role and what you can bring to the role and the Team and submitted via the link to the Bradshaw Taylor website. Closing Date: Monday 13 September 2021
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency