Sales & Support Specialist(s)
Cairn Research Ltd. is a globally recognised scientific equipment manufacturer based in Faversham, Kent, UK. As an employee-owned company, we pride ourselves on both our independence, and our rural location in 70 acres of beautiful Kent farmland, with excellent transport links nearby.
We design and build an extensive range of state of the art optical and electronic devices for use in fluorescence microscopy and advanced imaging research. Working at the forefront of science, our product range is constantly growing and evolving, and an opportunity has now arisen to expand our Sales and Support team.
There are currently two vacancies – one working remotely (ideally within a ~2-hour drive of our main office in Faversham, Kent), and secondly, one predominantly office-based role in Kent, with the ability to travel more occasionally.
Although no strict sales territory will be applicable to either role, our core business requirements are Oxford, London, and Cambridge, so travel to these key sites and attendance at scientific meetings will be required regularly, often overnight, with travel expenses provided.
• Build, develop and maintain long-term relationships with both new and existing customers via a variety of communication methods.
• Ensure all customers and their enquiries are logged in our CRM database, keeping Sales and Support team management regularly updated regarding ongoing opportunities.
• Proactively seek sales opportunities and keep abreast of new applications and technology within our field.
• Discuss technical specifications and requirements, generate quotes, and provide product information in a timely manner to progress enquiries to the point of order.
• Assess released Tenders for suitability to bid, as well as writing and submitting appropriate documentation.
• Manage your own diary and schedule, regularly visiting customer laboratories for sales discussions, installations and hardware and software training.
• Liaise with other Sales staff to assist with on-site requirements.
• Anticipated travel requirements for field-based staff: 2 – 3 days per week, office-based role: 1-2 days fortnightly / more sporadic.
Desired skills & experience
• Masters or PhD level educated in a Scientific subject; minimum of Degree level is essential.
• Extensive experience in a laboratory environment involving Light Microscopy / Super Resolution techniques (highly desirable).
• Previous sales experience also desirable, but not essential providing the core skills required for the role can be demonstrated.
• Similarly, previous technical support experience, an engineering background, or hands on ability to install and troubleshoot equipment will be considered.
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to build
a rapport with customers and staff.
• Customer Service orientated with the ability to articulate ideas clearly.
• Efficient, thorough, and good attention to detail.
• Well organised, with the ability to effectively prioritise workload and respond swiftly to enquiries or requests from colleagues.
Full time, permanent roles.
Salary depending upon experience.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency