Are you a School Business Manager looking for a fresh challenge? Do you have SIMS and FMS experience, with good financial or accountancy skills? Are you a self-starter, able to efficiently manage a busy school office? If you answered yes to these questions then please get in touch!
We are currently assisting a Liverpool Primary School to recruit for a school business manager role. This role will be a temporary to permanent placement for the right candidate and will start January 2022. The position is full-time 37 hours per week – term time plus 2 weeks.
You are expected to have a working knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS), and especially FMS (the finance module). Previous experience of working in an educational establishment is desirable, as you will be expected to hit the ground running with minimal training and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
– A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist ‘School Support Services’ consultant to assist you through the application and interview process
– A local branch with 24 hour on-call facility
– Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
– ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus worth up to £300
– The flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
– Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like ‘Candidate of the Term’
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a committed school leadership team a building a great reputation. Responsibilities will include (but this is by no means an exhaustive list):
– Sound financial management of school resources and budgets, including forecasting
– Invoices, purchase orders, reconciliations, and school fund management
– Management of school office and staff, including delegation of relevant activities
– Working closely with other senior members of staff on areas such as human resources and health & safety
– Reviewing and improving of school systems, policies and procedures, as well as negotiating school key contracts
– Assisting the headteacher to ensure the school provides a quality education for all pupils
We ask that you have:
– SIMS / FMS experience gained from working in a school
– A relevant qualification such as certificate in SBM or an accountancy-related qualification is an advantage
– The ability to work in close collaboration with other members of the school senior leadership team
– Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, administrative skills including attention to detail, and people management skills
– The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as technicians, administration and finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. If your application is deemed to be suitable, a virtual interview would be offered immediately and you could then be referred to the school for a further interview including with the headteacher, before an offer of work is made. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and UK eligibility checks, along with a full referencing process.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education, your ‘School Support Services’ specialist, via email on (url removed). Don’t delay, apply now
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency