COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client, a commercially robust and profitable company and a long established UK leader are looking to appoint a Seed Analyst to join their existing team and are offering an exciting long term career opportunity to the right person.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for either an experienced seeds analyst, or someone with an agricultural/farming/crop related aptitude. Ideally you will be an agricultural graduate or will be able to demonstrable seed/crop/agricultural knowledge and experience and a desire to pursue the analysis and quality aspects of crop processing / Product application and production.
The successful candidate will carry out crop inspection, seed sampling, seed collection, processing, analysis, reporting and certification in a safe, efficient and effective manner in line with company standards and statutory regulations.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist full seed testing and certification in the licenced seed testing laboratory covering all aspects of the processing and analysis of seed samples from a range sources including the seed producers, farmers/specialist growers and our seed production plant
* Provide timely and excellent customer service to internal and external customers, professional bodies, key stakeholders and other interested parties
* Achieve and maintain the necessary professional qualifications, accreditations and appropriate continual professional development required to be a Certified Crop Inspection and Seed Analyst
* Liaise with internal and external customers in a professional, efficient and effective manner supporting the business values and brand promise in the delivery of all products, tasks and services
* Ensure production capacity and quality standards are met in relation to field and laboratory operations
* Support the planning of resources for the Seed Lab – people, plant, finance, materials, delivery of services/testing, training and upskilling others
* Coordinate crop inspection activities creating/following a plan
* Plans the day to day work in the laboratory/crop inspection?
* Maintain and promote effective teamwork throughout the business including with the Seed Operational team and the Commercial Seed team
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Ideally an agricultural graduate or candidate with demonstrable seed/crop/agricultural knowledge and experience and a desire to pursue the analysis and quality aspects of crop processing / Product application and production
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency