Do you have experience with preparing management accounts to trial balance? Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts with supporting year end audit files?
Are you AAT qualified or qualified by experience with at least five years of relevant experience? Or keen to take the next step and start ACCA?
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent Senior Finance Assistant (Management Accounts) based near Sherborne, Dorset.
You will be responsible for the bookkeeping and accounting support for a limited company in the retail sector. The working hours are 8.30-17.15 Monday to Friday with a one hour lunch break unpaid.
The annual salary is circa £27,000 – £30,000 PA dependant on experience. *Closing date is 30th July 2020*
* Payment of your annual AAT membership subscription if applicable.
* Commitment to provide you with ongoing CPD to enhance your knowledge, skills and experience.
* 8% employer pension contribution.
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
* Individual BUPA cover.
* Life insurance 4 x gross salary.
* Car parking.
Work together with your fellow Finance Assistant to ensure all finance functions and accounting records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner, these include but are not limited to:
* Undertake all prime entry bookkeeping tasks ensuring all income and costs have been appropriately approved, recorded accurately and VAT where applicable is correctly treated.
* Prepare regular reconciliations not limited to bank accounts, customer payment systems, suppliers, stock, sales commissions and a production order loan facility.
* Management of the sales ledger, sales invoicing system and accounts receivable processing.
* Management of the purchase ledger, purchase invoice, company credit card and expense claim processing.
* Create payment runs for approved payments whether weekly or adhoc.
* Prepare the weekly dashboard for senior management advising the current position with regard to cash availability, debtors and creditors with a recommendation for suppliers to be paid on the weekly payment run.
* Maintain all fixed asset registers, ledgers and control accounts accurately.
* Prepare management accounts to trial balance and assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts with supporting year end audit files where required for internal and external review.
* Assist with the preparation of EC Sales Lists and VAT returns ensuring these are submitted on time.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
* Is AAT qualified or qualified by experience with at least five years of relevant experience within practice or industry (retail sector advantageous).
* Has experience of VAT and knowledge of EC sales lists being an advantage.
* Can proactively prioritise their own work as this role deals with a high volume of information.
* Is able to use their own initiative.
* Has integrity, discretion and the ability to deal with confidential information.
* Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention to detail).
* Is tactful, diplomatic and approachable, with the ability to deal assertively with a wide range of people.
* Has excellent IT skills, a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using Xero accounting software would be advantageous.
* Is flexible and willing to learn.
* Enjoys working on their own or as part of a wider team, being a team player is key.
Please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on asap or email your CV to Rebecca’s email. If you have the transferable skills required we will call and email with more information and discuss this with you confidentially.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency