A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint a Senior Matron – Emergency Department reporting into SMT. Responsible for professional leadership of the Senior Nursing Structure, upholding emergency care, performance targets and national emergency Nursing standards.
- Provide expert emergency knowledge and leadership in emergency service;
- Explore current practice, identifying areas for development and planning the appropriate change using research and experience to evaluate the outcomes;
- Responsible for the quality of the patient’s environment in order to improve the patient’s experience;
- Co-ordinate practice for multiple clinical areas and work clinically;
- Ensure a high standard of financially effective care delivery across defined
- clinical areas;
- Highly visible, accessible and approachable to staff, patients and the public to ensure that open and honest communication channels are created and sustained;
- Maintain an overview of the standards of care being delivered across defined clinical areas;
- Work with the ward/department and sisters/charge nurses in assessing the clinical skills required to deliver a safe and high-quality service;
- Maintain a high clinical profile through daily ‘walk around’ the clinical area and regular quality ward/department rounds.
A successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in Senior Nursing role within ED managing a team or department;
- Current experience of clinical nursing practice in a relevant care setting;
- Working in partnership with multi- disciplinary team;
- Demonstrable experience of managing change within a clinical environment.
- Knowledge of current developments in nursing & political awareness of NHS.
- Experience of managing a clinical team including human resources management.
- Have well-developed verbal and written communication skills including presentations & publications;
- Evidence of managerial skills;
- Knowledge of standard setting and audit process.
If you are interested in the role please contact Ria Healy on and email a copy of your updated CV
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency