Shift Mechanical Engineer – Hinxton – £40,000
As the Shift Mechanical Engineer you will be required to carry out planned and reactive M&E maintenance tasks within a critical environment safely and to an agreed standard and providing first line response to all emergencies during normal working hours and out of hours when on call.
Specific Qualifications required:
• Recognised Apprenticeship or qualifications in relevant mechanical/plumbing engineering
• BS 7671:18th edition
• City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas
To undertake all Mechanical reactive and planned maintenance tasks allocated and complete to an agreed standard.
To ensure work is carried out in compliance with all health and safety requirements and to adhere to the best working practices.
Work towards the achievement of tasks within SLA times, work orders opened and closed in real time
To act in accordance to the Health and Safety policy when issues as such arise
To effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary.
As a client facing role you are required to ensure compliance with dress code and maintain your vehicle in good condition at all times.
To order and fit parts or components as prescribed by company procedures
To actively support colleagues building a teamwork approach e.g. – supporting with other trades or training and up skilling of apprentices and communicating regularly and assisting when required.
Adhere to on call rota for effective response during out of hour’s issues.
Knowledge and Experience;
• Ability to work unsupervised in a pressurised environment dealing with store teams and members of the public
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient IT skills, including smart phone technology
• Significant experience in the supermarket industry
• Awareness of budgeting of parts and material usage
• Inspection, maintenance and repair of;
• CRAC units
• LTHW systems and pipe work
• HWS/CWS, L8 duties and HWS safety
• AHUs, extract fans, door curtains and ductwork
• BMS and other control systems and wiring.
• Plant maintenance – Pumps, fans and motors
• Lighting and emergency lighting systems
In return for the right experience as the Mechanical Engineer our client offers a competitive package which includes;
• Basic Salary of up to £40,000
• Overtime and enhanced rates
• Working hours – Continental DAY shift (7am-7pm)
• 20 Days Holiday
• Pension scheme
• Ongoing training and development programme
• Mobile phone/PDA, Uniform
• Calibrated tools and equipment
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Shift Engineer to join a rapidly growing company where earnings are not capped and you are supported with training and ongoing development.
For more information please get in touch with James Wood on or simply apply…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Advertising Agency