We have an upcoming Freelance Site Engineer role available in Colchester. Are you looking for a new contract?
Position: Site Engineer
Location: Colchester, Essex
Contract Type: Freelance
Duration: Approx. 3 months
Rate: £270 – £310 per day (Negotiable depending on experience and whether you have kit)
Contact: Shane Austin at the Welwyn Garden City Branch –
A new design and build project for a new build commercial scheme. The scheme involves a warehouse build, adjoining offices and all associated groundworks.
Our client will be looking for an experienced site engineer with similar experience for the remainder o the project, currently at frame installation stage. The main duties will include:
- Set up site dimensional control and maintain
- Establish systems to record the work completed
- Understand and assist with site safety systems
- Liaise with workforce and contractors regarding setting out information
- Assist and prepare sketches for distribution and ensuring all teams understand the plans
- Preparation of as-builts
- All relevant Q&A with the project
- Be available and able to communicate well with all teams to ensure technical problems are overcome and queries answered
- Previous experience in a similar setting essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of CAD
- HNC or equivalent
- Relevant CSCS card
- SSSTS or above (ideally)
What you will get in return:
- A competitive rate
- Excellent experience with a well known regional contractor
- A dedicated consultant to guide you through your job search
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Employment Type Temporary
Advertiser Type Agency