SOFTWARE ENGINEERS (C# / .NET / PYTHON)
BASED EDINBURGH – MIX OF OFFICE AND HOME BASED NOT REMOTE
SALARY RANGE £40-70,000 DOE PLUS EXCELLENT BENS
“NOTE – this is not a remote job candidates will need to ultimately be prepared to be in the office 3 days a week moving forward post covid.”
Have you ever wanted to work for a company doing something truly incredible, disruptive and working for the greater good of planet Earth? Well, here is your chance. Intelligent Growth Solutions (IGS) was founded in 2013 and has brought together decades of farming and engineering experience to create an Agritech business with a vision to revolutionise the indoor growing market. To help fuel their commercial growth. We are recruiting a number of Software Engineers from Junior to Senior.
As we continuously improve our products to deliver more value to our customers; we must continuously improve our processes, our architectures and ourselves. The software architecture is necessarily complex and interfaces with an equally complex hardware system. Primarily using .NET Core with Angular frontend to integrate multiple hardware and software sub-systems. To sustain quality, it is vital that we are forward looking using cutting edge technologies and modern software practices. Is this who you want to be?
Who are you:
You are seeking to grow and enhance the range and depth your skills. You can produce high quality solutions and have an attention to detail second to none. You are passionate about putting the user first, making them the first consideration in all your decisions. You understand cloud-based solutions including excellent security awareness. You are a .NET Core engineer with the focus and discipline that word suggests. You are comfortable in complex use of Angular as a front end for the API layer. You have some cloud ops experience with a major provider (preferably Azure) and are comfortable with the latest deployment tools including Docker and K8s. And some python wouldn’t hurt. Key responsibilities include:
- Enhance existing and build new .NET Core, Angular, SQLServer microservice software
- Assist in designing architectures for scalable future solutions
- Develop well documented and reliable inter-systems and external (mostly RESTful) APIs
- Implement a frontend in conjunction with UI/UX guidelines and patterns
- Work closely with the DevOps team to ensure that deployed code is of the highest quality
- Engage in all scrum ceremonies
- Refine user stories to ensure they are of the highest quality
- Continuously seek ways to improve our development, test and deployment processes
- Assist in the maintenance of technical debt backlog
- Code reviews
- Lead, mentor and grow more junior members of the team (Senior Engineers)
We are looking for candidates with some post grad / study Software Development experience and will hire from junior up to senior levels. Key skills we require include:
- C# .NET Core, SQLServer, HTML, CSS, Angular and Windows engineering skills including unit, integration and other automated testing
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines (eg Azure DevOps/Tekton/CircleCI/Harness)
- Strong git skills (Azure DevOps/GitHub)
This represents an incredible opportunity to “give something back” and be part of a culture that believes in genuine teamwork. An excellent base salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package (including 35 days leave, private health care and solid pension) complete with training and self development grants and flexible working solutions.
Bruce Hydes is now part of the IGS team working in-house part time please apply to him in the first instance.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company