Our client based close to Sunningdale is seeking an experienced Sous Chef to join their award winning team.
- Assist the Head Chef run the kitchen enabling the team to achieve the highest levels of standards and service
- Achieve the highest levels of food quality, standards and service at all times
Essential Functions & Physical Requirements
- Act as a deputy with all responsibilities as required
- Run an environment that is clean, tidy and organised at all times.
- Plan the day to day running of all sections of the kitchen effectively to meet the service standards
- Control, with the aid of the Head Chef, all the operating costs within all the food outlets to the agreed budgets set and order appropriate levels of food
- Assist and produce accurate stock takes.
- Carry out quality checks on stock, produce and dishes along with offering training, and understanding of the products to keep the team focussed and allowing them to evolve as chefs.
- Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs. Give full understanding and guidance to a colleague requiring assistance in a difficult situation, using a caring and supporting manner.
- Mange rotas in accordance to business levels
- Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification index i.e. size, quantity and quality
- Attend all relevant meetings and ensure understanding of business
Qualifications and Desirables
- Previous experience within a similar role and environment
- Relevant qualifications such as City & Guild 7061/7062 or NVQ Level 2/3
- Experience in ordering systems and cost processes
- Hands on team player
- Experience of training and coaching a team
- Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
- Team members’ awards and incentives schemes
- Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
- Life assurance cover for all team members
- Uniform laundered complimentary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members’ restaurants
- Complimentary Internet at allocated computers in team areas
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Occupational Health, including subsidized massage treatments and health clinics
- Complimentary Eye Test for VDU users
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency