At BIRD, we care deeply about offering a warm and welcoming environment for all. We recognise talent and every day we try to inspire our team to reach out and connect with their local communities, and to hopefully make good friends and make a difference in someone else’s day.
The BIRD culture celebrates the wonderful combinations of food, drink, warmth and welcome, all delivered by our passionate and enthusiastic team – which we’d love you to be a part of.
We’ve got an exciting opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, and all-round superstar Sous Chef to join our busy team at BIRD Hempstead Valley.
You’ll have a minimum of two year’s Chef experience in fast paced casual dining. You must be passionate about food, drink and creating a great customer experience every time. You’ll have a good knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety and be able to motivate and lead a team, bringing lots of creative ideas to the table.
What We’re After
· Proven chef experience in fresh food environments
· Leadership skills
· Ability to deliver consistently on the created spec
· Reliability…..we want someone to stick around at least 2 years
· Leading teams in a high energy, pacey work environment
· Delivering high standards and enjoy rolling up your sleeves
· Enjoys the everyday challenges that working in a busy restaurant brings and solving problems as they arise
· A supportive and pro-active leader of your team
· Kitchen Health & Safety
· Due Diligence
· Brand Compliance to Specs and Recipes
· Cooking and Cleaning whilst maintaining good personal hygiene.
· Be a role model to your team and ensure company standards are met & kept by everyone
· Lead by example with the customer experience being a top priority for you
· Deliver perfect products to your customers, day in, day out
And in Return
· Lots of progression opportunities (we are growing fast!)
· 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
· A pension (for when you finally leave us)
· Oh, and free meals at work
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency