At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Title: Standards Engineer
Division/Function: Caledonian Sleeper, Transport
Competitive basic salary plus benefits
The Standards Engineer will be a member of the Caledonian Sleeper Operations (Engineering) Team headed by the Operations Director. They will support the Head of (Fleet) Engineering in engineering and operational business ensuring its smooth and successful delivery.
They are responsible for supporting the Technical Interface between Caledonian Sleeper and external stakeholders taking a high level view to ensure all policies and procedures, reports and controls are in place for consistent, predictable and efficient engineering delivery.
- Management of the Technical Interface between Caledonian Sleeper and external stakeholders as directed by the Head of (Fleet) Engineering.
- Development and dissemination of all Engineering policies and procedures in support of the Caledonian Sleeper Safety Management System
- Assist in the development of systems to measure engineering performance and drive best practice standardisation through like contracts.
- Leading the engagement between the Engineering Team and the Safety, Operations and Depot Contracts teams, ensuring that documentation is reviewed as necessary and the relevant support is provided to the Operations Department.
- Management of Reliability Growth in line with contractual and performance targets.
- To provide frequent updates to the Head of (Fleet) Engineering; raising risks and issues when identified.
- Promote a culture of continual improvement
What we’re looking for:
- Working knowledge of Rolling Stock Engineering methodologies/ approaches
- Experience of developing & implementing Engineering Change Processes
- Knowledge of different business functions / disciplines (i.e. finance and commercial, legal, operations, safety, risk, HR, operational excellence, IT, sales, marketing and communications)
- Advanced communication skills particularly with senior stakeholders; exceptional good networking and influencing skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- Evidence of relevant and up-to-date CPD
Support Engineering and Deports 1st Line on call roster.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact …… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company