We’re undergoing an exciting transformation at WHSmith, to set ourselves up for the future and provide our customers with excellent service, products and concessions to keep us at the heart of the High Street.
Our Store teams are the heartbeat of WHSmith so we’re looking for an engaging, driven, articulate Store Leader in our Exeter High Street Store to deliver operational and customer service excellence day in, day out! You will lead, energise and motivate your team to delivery excellent store standards and performance to support the Cluster Manager in the delivery of the trading plan.
This is a fantastic new opportunity, where you will use your leadership and operational experience to support future growth and development, leading your team to deliver excellence in all aspects of day to day retail. By being proactive and maximising local opportunities, you can really make a mark.
There are brilliant times ahead! Our new proposed operating model will bring new opportunities and create new challenges. By engaging your team, you will be able to deliver consistently strong results and really shape the store culture; creating a sense of pride in your team.
We also have new propositions including our M&S Concessions and new strategic initiatives are helping us break the mould of traditional High Street retail. So, if you are a driven, dynamic leader, that wants to play a part in leading the way, apply today!
This position requires someone who is flexible with travelling and working in other stores
• You will lead and engage your teams to deliver excellent standards and results in line with the Trading plan.
• Review the trading plan with your Cluster Manager and set and agree key actions that are reviewed on each visit
• Ensure the store is clean, tidy, priced & full and that colleagues are available at the right times to serve customers
• Use the scorecard proactively to manage performance and target priorities and actions
• Ensure your team members are supported, set clear and measurable targets, performance expectations and objectives, and review regularly
• Ensure training around product knowledge is kept up to date so you can develop experts who are focused to sell at the right times
• Keeps teams up to date on stores, cluster and business performance and appropriately challenge what store teams can do to help
• Recognise and celebrate team members for a job well done
• Work with Head Office to ensure awareness of local environment to maximise local opportunities
• Create a sense of pride within the store to ensure both colleagues and customer facilities are of a good standard
• Ensures legal, health and safety and legislative requirements are met within the store
• Adhere to the Corporate Trading plan and proactively achieve the sales numbers to deliver the plan
• Current WHSmith Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor with at least 6 months supervisory experience
• Working knowledge of KPI’s such as ATV and TPC
• Lead by example on the shop floor, have a hands-on approach and set high standards for your team
• Is flexible in approach to support the wider cluster/area as required
• Ability to motivate teams, build strong relationships and communicate well at all levels of seniority
• Experience of supporting employee training and development
• Able to adopt an engage rather than tell approach
• Is proactive rather than reactive.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency