Supply Chain Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply chain coordinator to join our rapidly expanding operations team.
As our Supply chain coordinator, you will manage the buying process of goods or services and the placement and delivery of purchase orders. The perfect candidate will be someone who has an outstanding eye for detail and the initiative to update and modernise processes where necessary to constantly improve the efficiency of our overall supply chain.
Westgate are market leaders in screening and partitioning solutions. Specialising in design, supply and installation since 1977, Westgate have over 40 years’ experience from concept to completion working with large brands across the UK and Europe. We cover a wide range of sectors including manufacturing; automotive and aerospace, disposables, pharmaceutical, food, beverage and general manufacturing; warehousing and logistics; construction and fit out.
If you are practically minded, with strong planning and organisational skills and a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will help drive the growth of the business first hand whilst ensuring our company values are adhered to.
Principal purpose of position
A pivotal role responsible for maintaining and developing our supply inventory. Working with the relevant departments to ensure that we are purchasing smart and in line with lead times and growth plans. Manage and maintain a business stock list, adding, updating and removing items as necessary to maintain a clean and reliable listing for the whole company. Manage and maintain relationships with our suppliers ensuring that terms are in place and quality is managed.
* Buying experience and high-level administrative skills
* Technical understanding of components and ability to research alternatives
* Strong numerical and literacy skills with a high level of attention to detail
* The ability to build and maintain supplier relationships
* Problem solver with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
* Self-motivated and proactive
* Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results
* Good standard of computer literacy
Qualifications and Experience:
* At least 1 year’s proven experience in a purchasing role
* Buying experience preferred
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
* Maintain an active process for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs based on quarterly and annual numbers
* Contributing to managing supplier performance in support of the operational targets.
* Manage the stock lifecycle of items from initial code set up through to obsolescence
* Placing orders and raising purchase orders
* Coordinate all purchases in the most efficient way for cost savings
* Proactively identify and resolve potential issues
* Work with Operations Management to regularly review suppliers to identify price improvements that could be achieved
* Support the sourcing and negotiating of new items required to support business growth projects
* Overseeing the set up of new suppliers ensuring they are evaluated in line with ISO9001 and favourable terms are negotiated
* Maintain open lines of communication with our key suppliers ensuring we have a good relationship
* Investigating delivery discrepancies where commercial input is required to resolve them
* Communicate effectively with the sales team to update them of any business-critical messages regarding stock and our suppliers
* Processing discrepancies on order confirmations to protect the business commercially.
* Identifying supplier performance gaps and escalating these by exception.
What will the role be?
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Stafford (Head Office based)
You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
Competitive Salary with great benefits including free lunch, drinks and snacks every day, and free car parking.
No agencies please
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency