Recruiting for a Support Workers to join our Homelessness Service in North Surrey!
£19,000 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Scheme, staff discounts, healthcare and more.
This generic floating support service offering tenancy support to residents of Runnymede, Elmbridge and Spelthorne. The service has six members of staff with a service capacity of 76 customers.
To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
– Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Manager.
– Undertake initial & continuous assessment of needs and potential risks & agree levels of support and actions
– Create support/ action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
– Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
– Empower customers to ensure they receive the services and benefits they are entitled to
– Signpost customers to support services that can help them address additional support needs such as mental or physical health, employment and education, adult social care, domestic abuse and family support
– Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant /customer records to professional standards
– Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the relevant housing provider
– Ensure that referrals are managed effectively and in line with the referrals procedure
– Adhere to Look Ahead’s Policies and Procedures
– Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
– Work closely with the team and communicate openly
– Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
– Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
– Approachable and open behaviour
– Prefers working as part of a group or team
– Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
– Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
– Open to feedback and self development
– Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
– Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
– Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
– Is essentially customer-focused
– Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
– Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
– Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
-Driving licence and a willingness to drive as part of support duties
– Experience working in homelessness, housing or support/care
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
Look Ahead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency