Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to support people every day and provide a safe environment for them to feel safe and comfortable?
Do you enjoy working in an environment where every shift is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
You will be working as part of the night team to provide support to our homeless clients. You will love helping others by being on hand when they need you. Your primary role will be to keep our service and the people that use it, safe. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
Our night workers will usually work a 12 hour (waking) shift between 8pm and 8am, on a four night on, four night off rota.
Day in the life of a Night worker:
* Be the first welcoming friendly face for people coming into the service
* Provide informal support to clients and be a listening ear
* Respond to incoming calls
* Manage clients and their visitors within the building and any associated safety issues. Deal with any incidents that may arise and contact external services when necessary
* Monitor the service and surrounding areas that are covered by CCTV
* Carry out regular visual checks / fire checks on the interior and exterior of the buildings and car park, noting defects during the handover or via the communications book
* Perform any other checks or tasks as directed by staff, referring issues to relevant person
* You will be extremely conscientious in areas such as safeguarding and lone working and follow the relevant procedures
* Maintain clean and tidy communal areas
* Provide detailed handovers to day staff, regarding client safety and support information
* Work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and policy and procedure
* Attend supervision, appraisal and training as required to carry out the role
* Provide basic First Aid assistance until help arrives – Full training provided
* Triage out of hours issues which may arise in services covered within the Core Homeless Contract and contact the on-call manager where applicable
* Support your colleagues managing the night service, where required
Employment Type Temporary
Advertiser Type Agency