Support Services Administrator
Main working base: Stevenage SG1 (Full office based in COVID-19 risk-assessed premises)
Hours of work: Full time (37.5 hours plus unpaid breaks)
Contract: 12-month fixed term contract
Line Manager: Supporter Services Coordinator
Salary: £17,730 per annum
About Mercy Ships
A lack of safe surgical capacity causes more deaths worldwide than malaria, TB and HIV combined. Mercy Ships is transforming the face of medical care in developing nations through its world class volunteer crew. We’re looking for people to join our team in the UK who have a passion for our cause, the skills to be part of a global movement and the drive to see even more lives transformed – Joanne Balaam, CEO Mercy Ships UK.
Mercy Ships is a faith-based charity, bringing safe surgery to people in Africa who have no access to healthcare or money to pay for it. For over 40 years Mercy Ships has visited more than 55 developing nations. Passionate to serve those in need and to leave a lasting impact for the future of those we serve.
* Over 2 million lives have been transformed by our work since 1978, an average of 66,000 services offered per year
* We have completed more than 1100 community development projects including the reconstruction of schools, clinics, orphanages, water wells and agriculture programmes. Providing local training and infrastructures to enable and sustain their future success.
* We have trained more than 5,900 local professionals (including surgeons) who have in turn trained many others, over 198,000 local people, in basic healthcare
* Our hospital ship proudly boasts a purpose-built hospital including six state-of-the-art operating theatres, intensive care, and we are in the process of building a second ship to more than double our capacity.
* We have provided care in over 50 of the world’s poorest developing nations.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated individual to work in our customer care team, to ensure our supporters are well looked after and have the best possible experience with Mercy Ships. This individual will have excellent attention to detail and be able to manage multiple priorities at the same time to provide outstanding administration support to our Engagement and Philanthropy teams. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to use their skills and experience with an organisation that has a tangible impact on those in need.
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Handling all incoming enquiries through phone, post and online; providing an extremely high quality and consistent level of customer service.
* General office support such as answering the phones and door, franking outgoing post and organise courier services.
* Sending out correspondence and products according to the relevant supporter journey, in a timely way.
* Inputting all data to the database, Salesforce, ensuring thorough, accurate and compliant information.
* Processing gifts from individuals or organisations in a timely and prioritised manner, adding all additional and useful information such as gift aid, phone numbers and updated addresses.
* Utilising formulae and run pre-written macros within Excel to manipulate data ready for import to Salesforce.
Please note: this role is not suitable for home-working. The successful applicant will be required to work from our COVID secure, risk-assessed premises in Stevenage.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
Mercy Ships UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all individuals and value diversity in our workforce.
Candidates will be asked to declare any ‘unspent convictions’, and eligible roles may require a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
No agencies please
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency