Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Technical Publishing Lead.
The Purpose of the Technical Publishing Lead is to define and maintain the current and future procedures, techniques, tools and governance for the generation of technical publications across Cobham Mission Systems.
The Technical Publishing Lead will also oversee the quality of material generated by the Technical Publishers or outsource partners and ensures that this meets customer contract requirements, publishing specifications and complies with company standards.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Technical Publishing Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Experience within technical publications (preferably in Aerospace sector).
* Experience of managing a small team.
* Technical authoring experience / expertise and associated qualifications;
* Have exposure / Experience with ASD S1000D Data Module authoring
* Have exposure / Experience with ATA iSpec 2200 authoring
* Ideally have ATA 100 authoring
* Experience of publications verification and validation
* Competent in use of Simplified English
* Competent user of Adobe Structured Framemaker
As a Technical Publishing Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
* Working closely with IPTs to ensure that appropriate technical publishing resource is available to support forecast demand, this will include ‘in-house’ or outsource resource decision making.
* Functional line management of Technical Publishers and Senior Technical Publishers.
* Technical authoring support.
* Ensures technical documentation is produced to required timeframes and standards.
* Analysis of business practices and products including research, recording results, and recommendations to drive best practice through technical publishing services.
* Maintenance and development of effective technical publishing business processes, including data management, security and ITAR compliance.
* Development of technical publishing capability and growth opportunity.
* Regularly works with a wide range of roles such as project/product managers, software engineers and other technical personnel to capture information and effectively communicate technical publishing functional matters to appropriate audiences.
* Interface with key outsource vendor contacts and subject matter experts to define, sub-contract, produce and maintain current documentation as required.
* Ensure quality control of documentation in accordance with applicable standards.
* Establish and maintain applicable training for Technical Publishers and Senior Technical Publishers.
About Cobham Mission Systems
to watch our careers video and learn more about us.
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
to find out more about us and or check out our
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency