Brief role description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful plastics manufacturer, in their search for an Technical Supervisor.
Relevant Job Titles:
Injection Moulding Setter, Injection Moulding Technician, Process Supervisor, Process Manager, Technical Manager
Do you have experience within Injection Moulding and are looking to move into a Technical Supervisor role? Do you want to Lead a Production Shift – planning resources to optimise manufacturing efficiencies whilst delivering 100% on-time schedule adherence? Optimising Shift productivity, minimising process downtime, taking a leading role in standardising production systems and processes? Are you use to proactively identifying and implement process, system and data improvements along with Injection moulding process problem solving and technical support? Sound like you? Then please apply!
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor to manage attendance & resource cover, also taking responsibility for the security and welfare of the site and its employees.
1. Ensures that all Health, Safety and Environment legislation as well as compliance guidelines are clearly understood and are followed in the department/Cell
2. Supervises all human resources effectively ensuring personnel development, training, appraisals and discipline are co-ordinated to reach departmental goals. Works with HR department to maintain records and to consistently, promptly and effectively respond to discipline and motivational issues. Actively gauges moral in the team and takes action to address issues and provide support as required/ is necessary.
3. Organises the departmental resources to meet the output and quality requirements of the production plan (Customer demand/Schedule adherence). Monitors day by the hour performance and works with individuals/cells to meet daily performance targets. Where issues outside of direct control may lead to missing demand, brings suggested solutions to Production manager for discussion/ agreement.
4. Maintains a daily focus upon the 5Ms (Material, Machines, Manpower, Methods and Measurements), Observing any abnormalities and reacting to prevent disruption to the flow of product through the processes under their control. Closely monitor and control the delivery of the production schedule, regularly review and maintain performance measures; cycle times / cavitation / lot size / downtime codes / shift performance KPI’s & setter activity levels. Creates and Maintains Standard work for all operations, Audits process to ensure adherence to agreed methodology and practice. Seeks out improvements and encourages an environment of active continuous improvement.
5. Makes clear and effective decisions on day to day activities within direct sphere of influence and through consultation with management obtains clear direction on areas outside of direct influence/control/authority. Provides clear communication of decisions to team
6. Develops the department/ cell skill level by daily coaching, team working activities and by promoting/organising individual and team-based learning activities.
7. Communicates departmental and company information to the team. Liaises and communicates with other departments keeping management and operational staff informed of issues and actions that may impact them or their teams.
8. Ensures that the ISO & internal quality system procedures are trained, followed and maintained in the department and cells. Promotes continuous improvement and a quality consciousness culture within the team. Work with QA personnel to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded, and production is right first time
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency