Our client is seeking a candidate for the temporary position of Instructional Designer. The Instructional Designer will be responsible for preparing and scripting content into templated instructional design storyboards for a number of online and blended course development projects.
The post-holder will work closely with the Lead Instructional Designer who will initiate the Storyboard template for each project. They will also be responsible for ensuring that content received from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) is mapped and scripted into the storyboard and that the content is reviewed for accuracy, quality and consistency, before being handed over to the Production team for copy editing and subsequent production. You will ensure on time delivery of content for approval to the Lead Instructional Designer per the project schedule.
Required Candidate Skills:
– Experience of working as an instructional designer in a publishing/online learning environment producing online courses for the Higher Education market.
– Experience of developing and scripting online course materials in a variety of content formats.
– Strong ability to work on multiple projects within tight timeframes, to multi-task and continually prioritise changing project tasks and deliverables.
– To script content to the required standards and according to schedule.
– Knowledge and experience with academic Learning Management Systems.
– Familiarity with relevant computer programs and course delivery platforms including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, flowchart mapping (e.g Lucidchart), screen capture software (e.g. Camtasia), off-the-shelf authoring tools (e.g. Articulate) and writing for Virtual Learning Environments (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas.)
Salary: £24-£26 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts
Employment Type Temporary
Advertiser Type Agency