Summary of Role:
This role is to support the transition of a major training equipment maintenance activity in Southern England. The role is responsible to the Training Equipment Service Manager, for the conduct of training equipment audits across multiple MOD sites.
To be a member of a small team whose responsibilities are the auditing, asset recording and assessment of maintenance records of Training Equipment across multiple MOD sites and establishments . Main duties will include:
- Liaising with MOD and other industry personnel to enable the efficient and effective training equipment auditing.
- Conduct training equipment audits, asset recording and equipment maintenance audits across multiple MOD sites.
- Using provided equipment descriptions and definitions, ascertain the quantity and condition of the equipment being audited.
- Identify and record within an asset management system, the maintenance state of the training equipment under audit.
- Where an equipment is identified as being out of service or broken, record the reason and any existing remedial action within an asset management system.
- Support and contribute to the introduction of new auditing methodologies and systems.
- When conducting audits, observe and comply with all relevant Health and Safety instructions.
- Perform other duties as required to support broader transition.
Applicants for the Training Equipment Support Maintainer role will require the following attributes:
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Professional level qualification (at or equivalent to a HNC) within the MOD training / engineering domains.
- Recent experience in the provision of Equipment Support Services within an MOD environment.
- Experience of working within and with multi-disciplinary and dispersed teams
- Knowledge of MOD equipment life cycle management processes.
- Experienced in the use and application of asset management systems and applications.
Should have some experience in:
- IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) (Desirable).
- ECDL or equivalent demonstrable proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace (Essential).
- Recent experience of working within Defence/Industry collaborative projects.
- Experience in promoting equality and diversity within a multi-cultural environment.
- A working knowledge of MOD logistics regulations and procedures relating to equipment maintenance and lifecycle management.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Company