Product (UX/UI) Designer
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product (UX/UI) Designer who will work on constantly improving the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our e-commerce platform. You will work closely with other designers, Product Owners and Development teams, using a user-centred approach based upon customer insights in a highly collaborative Continuous Product Discovery environment to ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimised for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to Product Design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
What You Will Do
Here at RS we are constantly making improvements for our 1 million+ customers across the globe. With a focus on Business to Business e-commerce, (a world once relatively immature) this is an area that is growing at a phenomenal speed. In fact many would say it has now become an area prime for new ideas and experiences for the customer, along with interesting design challenges and new opportunities to discover and implement innovative design experiences.
We’re investing heavily in our platform to ensure that it’s built with the latest technologies to enable us to deliver the best customer experiences and are looking for someone to enable our teams to get the most out of this.
Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Investigating product design requirements for our e-commerce platform in conjunction with other designers, Product Owners and Development teams, using a user-centred approach based upon customer insights in a highly collaborative CPD-based (Continuous Product Discovery) environment.
- Producing high quality UX solutions through wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, visual designs and detailed prototypes.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search journeys, filtering, and dashboards for our digital platform.
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, content modules, product tiles, page layouts and userflows for e-commerce pages.
- Contributing, and adhering, to Design System components and standards on typography and visual design.
Product Designer Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree and UX/UI design experience for digital products or services.
- Examples of UX/UI design work for web, mobile app and responsive platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Design Systems, HTML, CSS, React and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A team player who can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time-management skills.
What We Offer
A global organisation of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the good stuff you’d expect like:
- Private medical cover for those unexpected moments
- On top of your 25 days holiday, you can buy up to 5 extra days to enjoy how you wish
- Annual bonus to pay for those extra holidays!
- Generous, market-leading pension; it’s never too early to start planning for your future
- Grow in our high-performance culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
But if we’re going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We’re looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency