Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Employer: AEM Limited
AEM Limited, a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc, is a performance and service driven aviation business; we are one of the largest independent aircraft component repair and overhaul facilities in Europe.
We have an immediate full-time vacancy for a Winder in our aviation windings department our Luton site. This is a permanent position and reports to the Team Leader.
Winder Job Purpose:
Is responsible for the winding of production and repair aviation components for power generation equipment.
The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced team and have the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge across different functions.
Winder Principal duties & responsibilities:
(Undertaken under the guidance of a Team leader / Cell Leader and working at a dedicated bench)
* Winding of stators, rotors, field coils and armatures using specialized enamel coated copper wire, a variety of hand tools and test equipment.
* Solvent degreasing of components using ultrasonic cleaning equipment.
* Brazing of connections using resistance & flame welding equipment.
* Electrical testing using resistance and high voltage test equipment.
* Undertake dimensional checks using verniers, height gauges, micrometres and check gauges.
* Numerate & literate (GCSE or equivalent Maths & English)
* High degree of dexterity and attention to detail
* Able to accurately follow written and verbal guidance – this requires a good level of written and spoken English
* Motivated and flexible
* Disciplined, organised, able to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
* Good communication skills
* Team worker; positive and enthusiastic
* Able to interpret and comply with health, safety, quality and compliance processes
* Able to produce work to a high standard and quality
* Ability to work well in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams
* Strong organisation skills and excellent attention to detail
* Innovative and enthusiastic
* Detailed, ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and multitask
* Strong communicator (written and verbal)
* Well organised and self-motivated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Whilst performing the duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, or listen.
The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
Good eyesight with or without corrected glasses or lenses is required.
Working Hours: 39 -hour week; Monday – Thursday 08.00 – 16.30; Friday 08.00 – 15.30.
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience.
Contract type: Permanent
Commencement Date: Immediate
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency